What is SSC CGL Exam?
SSC Named as Staff Selection Commission of India (https://ssc.nic.in/) is a central recruiting organization governed by Indian Government. SSC recruits staffs for various posts for all ministries, departments and offices. All the staffs selected are of different skills and eligibility. SSC conducts SSC CGL Exam(Combined Graduate Level) exams for the post of different duties and responsibilities.
Below are the Free SSC CGL Previous year paper in MCQ, Let’s attempt and prepare for the combat. You can attempt these SSC CGL English previous year papers multiple times in just no cost. The cost of these exercises is to share our website (English Philosophy) with maximum students for their practice.
Post in SSC CGL
SSC CGL recruits for different departments and posts, so there is difference between designations and salary for various posts.
Post for SSC CGL may different like Assistant officer, Officer, Inspector, Auditor, Junior Officer, Investigator and many others.
Salary of SSC CGL
Salary of SSC CGL also depends upon various factors like post and departments. It may starts from 35,000 and go upto 1 Lakh.
Let’s Understand some of the SSC CGL exam structure for better understanding.
SSC CGL syllabus
Why SSC Needed?
Every year government needed thousands of manpower in different departments for operational tasks. So SSC conducts requirement for these post and raise an alarm for selection process for the post of SSC CGL. SSC CGL exam formats conducts four tiers.
Preliminary of SSC – Tier I
The Tier I or Preliminary exam of SSC consists of objective multiple choice question with four section covering General Intelligence and Reasoning, English Comprehension, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude. Preliminary Exam of SSC contains of 200 marks of 50 each, Qualified candidates of Tier I of SSC may appear in further Tier II and Tier III exams of SSC.
Mains Exam of SSC – Tier II
Tier II or Main Exam of SSC consists of Written Multiple choice question in four section covering General Studies(Finance, Account, Economics, Governance), English Language and Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, and Statistics. Main Exam of SSC contains of 200 marks of 50 each, Qualified candidates of Tier II of SSC may appear in further Tier III and Tier IV exams of SSC.
Descriptive Paper of SSC – Tier III
Descriptive Paper of SSC exam is a Pen and Paper offline exam where candidate has to do writing in form of Essay writing, letter writing, and Application writing in descriptive manner as SME(Subject Matter Expert). This Language may be written in any of the language choose by candidate either in Hindi or English.
Computer Proficiency Test/Data Entry Skill Test of SSC – Tier IV
The Tier IV exam of SSC is Computer Proficiency Test and Data Entry Skill Test which evaluates the computer skill of candidate like Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Making Presentation Slides in Computer proficiency test and Typing speed in Data Entry Speed Test(DEST).
SSC selects candidates based on their qualification background. There are some of the levels for these exams with their SSC CGL age limit.
Junior Engineer (JE)
- Candidates must have diploma/degree in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering. Final year students are not eligible.
- Age limit should be between 18 Years to 32 Years.
- Candidate must be the citizen of India.
Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (CHSL)
- Candidate must have passed secondary level(12th) Examination from recognized Board.
- Age limit for the exam is 18 Years to 27 years.
- Exam should be in Three tier, Computer based test, Descriptive Test, Skill test.
Central Police Organization (CPO)
- Candidate must have Graduate degree from a reputed University.
- Age limit is between 18 years to 27 years.
- Candidates must be citizen of India.
- Candidates should clear physical eligibility – Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET)
Combined Graduate Level Examination(CGL)
- Graduate degree from a reputed University required, in most of the cases final year students can also apply.
- Candidates must be the citizen of India, and there will not be any Interview like UPSC.
- Age limit for the CGL is from 20 Years to 30 Years.
- SSC CGL Exam Conducted in Four Tier, Online exams(Tier 1 & Tier 2), Offline Exam(Tier 3), Computer Based Skill Test(Tier 4).
- Syllabus also increases after every level of exam.
Other SSC exams for various job profiles are:-
SSC CGL Posts
Some of the major SSC CGL Posts are defined in below table:-
Assistant Section Officer
Assistant Accounts Officer
Assistant Audit Officer
Inspector of Income Tax
Inspector (Central Excise)
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Junior Statistical Officer
Statistical Investigator Grade-II
Accountant/ Junior Accountant
Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks
Upper Division Clerks